Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reflection - 1 September 2010 (B)

Today's lesson has allowed me to view Mathematics in a different way. Initially, Mathematics to me used to be mainly involving numbers, calculations, problem solving and so on. However, from what I have learnt, with reference to the usefulness and purpose of teaching Mathematics, by the MOE website, I do agree that it does help to enhance one's intelligence. However, it is also important to ensure that children enjoy learning Mathematics.
I thoroughly enjoyed learning about the various tricks which were introduced during class, and feel that they are definitely engaging enough for children. If teachers are able to introduce these tricks to children, especially during Primary school, I am sure that instead of asking the question, "Why Mathematics is so difficult in Primary school?", it will change to, "Why Mathematics is so easy in Primary school?"

No comments:

Post a Comment